Buying and Selling Dorset Antique Clocks
Burlingtons Ltd. offers a fast, professional valuation service for Dorset antique clocks – maximising revenue with fair market pricing and no auction fees. All valuations are free and no-obligation, and we travel to you for convenience.
Get in touch with us to get started.
Get A Valuation
Selling Antique Clocks in Dorset
If you are looking to get your antique grandfather clock valued by an In cases where we have not found a buyer from our network to purchase a piece from us, we will make it available to buy on our website. Our current stock of antique and vintage clocks can be browsed through here. Find the ones that you like the most, or that offer a glimpse into an era of the past you have an affinity for, and contact us if you would like to move forward with buying them.
Our stock changes often, so it is always worth checking back regularly if you are looking for something specific.
We can guarantee that you will always receive a better rate than what you’d find at an auction – and there’s no risk that you won’t get the price you’re looking for, as you’re under no obligation to accept our generous valuation.
Other Timepieces for Sale
If you are a collector of watches and pocket watches, our current watch stock may also be worth exploring. Take a look at the pieces we have available to find stunning luxury watches from brands such as Rolex, Omega, and IWC. As with our clocks, it is also important to check back regularly if you’re looking for something specific, as we regularly update our collection.
Our Buying Process
With a quick and straightforward buying process, many customers find us easier to work with than other dealers in antiques:
Booking your valuation
You will get in touch with us about your piece or pieces and we will arrange a date and time to come to your property for the valuation.
Accepting the Offer
All offers made are no-obligation, but we are well known for offering prices that customers are happy to accept.
Receiving your Payment
We make all payments instantly, through a simple BACS transfer.
- Booking your valuation: You will get in touch with us about your piece or pieces and we will arrange a date and time to come to your property for the valuation. Estimates can be provided beforehand, which we will be happy to confirm when we meet.
- Accepting the offer: All offers made are no-obligation, but we are well known for offering prices that customers are happy to accept. We can always explain our reasoning further, if you are interested in finding out more.
- Receiving your payment: We make all payments instantly, through a simple BACS transfer. We will not leave with your items until the money has been paid in, and we can always use a different method of payment if you prefer.
How are Antique Clocks Valued?
While every timepiece we value is different, and will be valued for different prices, there are some common factors that help to determine what all of them are worth:
- Clockmaker marks: Often, the authenticity of an antique clock can be confirmed by the presence of a clockmaker’s trademark or insignia. This will normally be inscribed on the clock’s movement, and pieces without these are likely to be valued less.
- Provenance: Clocks taken from a particular or prominent collection are likely to be worth more. This is especially true for pieces and collections that are sought-after by dealers, collectors, and others in the trade.
- Condition: Clocks in the best possible condition will fetch higher prices than those with scratches, chips, or missing elements. The condition of the clock’s movement will also have an impact on the overall value.
- Signs of repair: Clocks which have been restored often look their most aesthetically pleasing. However, unrestored clocks, or clocks which haven’t needed any repair work, will command higher prices when valued and sold.
Why Choose Us to Sell Antique Clocks in Dorset?
Burlingtons Ltd. has operated in the trade of high-value items for many years, and we’ve built a reputation on our trustworthiness and expertise. This has even led to a long list of wonderful reviews from our customers:
“It’s great when a transaction is straightforward in this day and age. Daniel valued online, I accepted, Daniel turned up, paid money into my account, a few lines on receipt, done. I would definitely use Burlingtons Private Buying Service again.” – Nigel Gardner, April 2023
Find or Sell Antique Clocks in Dorset
If you are interested in decorating a wall or mantle with a fine example of an antique or vintage clock, explore our stock to find your ideal piece. Alternatively, if you have an antique clock for sale in Dorset and you want a quick, convenient, expert service that offers accurate valuations and fair prices, you will receive it when you choose to work with us.
Many customers have been glad to work with us again, whenever they have needed to sell more high-value items. Become the latest seller to find competitive market rates through a free, no-obligation valuation and get the clock you no longer need sold to experts today.
Please feel free to get in touch with us to book your free valuation today.