Buying and Selling Services for Antique Jewellery in Cambridge
If you are in the market to buy or sell antique jewellery in Cambridge, Burlingtons Ltd. is here to assist. We offer free, no-obligation valuations conducted by a specialist, carried out in the comfort and security of your own home, and without the hassle or fees associated with auctions.
Find out more about our valuation process below.
Book your valuation today.
Get A Valuation
“Daniel arranged to come to my home to purchase a watch I was selling. Customer service was exceptional and the process was quick and seamless. Would highly recommend and will use again.”
Types of Antique Jewellery We Buy
We buy a wide range of high-value items. This includes most types of antique jewellery, though we do not accept silver pieces. We accept antique pieces in almost any style, from any period, and in almost any material, including:
- Gold jewellery of all kinds (including necklaces, bracelets, and different ring designs)
- Diamond jewellery and other jewellery containing precious stones (e.g. rubies)
- Antique estate jewellery
- Vintage jewellery in the Art Deco and Art Nouveau styles (from the 1920s and 1930s)
- Broken antique jewellery pieces (as long as they are gold or contain precious stones)
We can guarantee that you will always receive a better rate than what you’d find at an auction – and there’s no risk that you won’t get the price you’re looking for, as you’re under no obligation to accept our generous valuation.
Our Buying Process
We have an easy, straightforward buying process that sets us apart from other antique jewellery dealers in Cambridge:
Booking the Valuation
Sellers will contact us to talk about their item and to book a date and time for the valuation to take place.
Accepting the Offer
Every offer we make is no-obligation, so sellers will never have to accept if they do not wish to.
Receiving the Payment
Payments will always be made instantly. This will either be done through a BACS transfer or another method chosen by the seller.
- Booking the valuation: Sellers will contact us to talk about their item and to book a date and time for the valuation to take place. An estimated selling price can also be quoted then, to be confirmed when we meet.
- Accepting the offer: Every offer we make is no-obligation, so sellers will never have to accept if they do not wish to. More information behind our quoted selling prices is always available, and we are confident that most sellers will be happy with these.
- Receiving the payment: Payments will always be made instantly. This will either be done through a BACS transfer or another method chosen by the seller. We will not leave with the sold item until the money is in the seller’s account.
Now that you understand the way the buying process works you can contact us to book your valuation.
Branded and Vintage Jewellery
Within our UK-based and international network, there are a number of buyers, dealers, and other collectors interested in purchasing antique jewellery. They buy vintage, antique, and secondhand pieces from famous and prestigious names. As such, we are particularly interested in valuing antique jewellery if you are certain the hallmark is from a name such as Tiffany & Co, Cartier, or Boucheron.
Our Stock of Antique Jewellery
If we do not immediately find a buyer from our network, you may find particular antique pieces of jewellery available for sale on our website. In our current stock of jewellery, we have a wonderful selection of pieces from across the ages – in different styles and using different metals and precious stones. Browse through these to find the pieces that you love most, and enquire as soon as you find them for the best chance at being the one to buy.
How Much Will You Get for Antique Jewellery in Cambridge?
We cannot offer a set selling price on your jewellery before you contact us. However, there are a few common pricing factors which affect all types:
- Trends in the market for precious metals (like gold)
- Trends in the market for precious stones (like diamonds or rubies)
- Current design and style trends in the antiques trade
- The condition of the piece (pieces which are broken or damaged are likely to be worth less than pieces which are not)
- The age of the piece (older pieces in a good condition are likely to be worth more)
Beyond this, we always ensure the selling prices we offer are competitive market prices, and you will never have to pay a fee like you might when selling at auction. Altogether, this guarantees that you will receive a no-obligation quote for a fair but high price.
Why Choose Us as Jewellery Buyers?
As stated previously, we do not and cannot provide rough figures for your antique grandfather clock. We are proud of the services we provide as jewellery buyers in Cambridge and across the whole of the UK. We’ve worked for over 20 years to cultivate a reputation for honesty and high-quality service, and have received a long list of fantastic reviews as a result:
“Brilliant service. He came to our home exactly when he said he would, agreed a price for our item, and paid straight away. Would highly recommend doing business with Daniel. it was a pleasure.” – Susan Allen, February 2023.
Buy or Sell Antique Jewellery in Cambridge
To buy antique jewellery in Cambridge from our online service, simply select the piece or pieces you want and make an inquiry today. Or, to sell antique jewellery to us, contact us and book your free valuation to get started. Between our expertise, market-competitive prices, and the fact that we come to you, you will not find a better service to suit your selling needs.
Many customers across the country have returned to us a second time to sell again. To have your first experience of selling with us, get in touch and speak to a member of our team.
Please feel free to get in touch with us to book your free valuation today.